Life in the Slow Lane

By Kelly

Workouts:

Monday: 5 mile treadmill run doing intervals
Tuesday: 5 mile treadmill run – intervals
Wednesday: 1.25 mile treadmill run and 50 minutes on the elliptical.
Thursday: 5 mile treadmill run – intervals
Friday: Elliptical 51 minutes and Lifecycle 18 minutes
Saturday: 5 mile treadmill run-intervals

I am a procrastinator..have been all my life and I don’t think I will ever change in the years to come. So this year I was so proud that I had 95% of my Christmas shopping done a few weeks before Christmas. I had made plans to go to Columbus on December 21 finish the remaining 5% and stay at my parents for the night.

I left my house at 3:45 and it was starting to snow. A half hour into my drive on interstate 70, traffic came to a dead stop. After sitting on the highway and not moving for an hour I called my mom and told her I would not make it to Columbus in time to shop, and if it kept on snowing I wouldn’t come at all. The next hour I made a few phone calls listened to XM and just tried not to be frustrated that I had not moved. The next hour and the fact that my speedometer still looked like this..

20121222-211239.jpg

I was slowly starting to lose my patience. Then I realized that I do have my phone and even though I am in my car on the interstate, it would be ok to Internet shop since I was not moving.

I got my sister in law one of these

20121222-212303.jpg

The new iPod shuffle !
I am thankful I am an amazon prime member so I should have it by Monday.

And my other sister in law a cute pair of texting gloves and my mom a pair of shoes.. I am also thankful for being a Zappos VIP customer.

Although I didn’t move for 3 1/2 hours I did make good use of my time. Finally traffic started moving and I made it back home 4 1/2 hours after I left. I found out later that two semis were jackknifed and blocking all thee lanes thirty miles ahead of where I was stopped.

Ryan welcomed me home with this..

20121222-214110.jpg

Cheers to Ryan!!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s